Image - Getty Images
Sauber's Kamui Kobayashi topped the fourth and the final day of Barcelona test by posting a lap time of 1:22.312s. The Japanese driver switched to Pirelli soft compound during the morning and that was enough to help him post the fastest lap time of the day.
Maldonado, who topped yesterday's session posted the second fastest lap time( 1m22.561s) of the day, while Force India's Paul di Resta finished third. While most teams preferred longer runs in afternoon session, Scott preferred a stint on super softs which helped him beat Button's lap time of 1m23.200s.
Ferrari's Felipe Massa was fifth in the Ferrari F2012 followed by Webber. Vergne was just 0.018 sec slower on his fastest lap in the Red Bull junior team. Rosberg was 9th in the Mercedes with a lap time of 1m23.843s, while Caterham's Heikki Kovalainen finished 9th.
Marussia couldn't compete in the final day of Barcelona test due to a suspension problem. “It’s a real shame that after three very positive days with the car we’ve encountered this issue on the final day,” said team principal John Booth. “We can’t be too downhearted though, having achieved over 1500kms of near faultless running from a car that has served us so well from a reliability perspective.
The final pre-session test will take place in Barcelona from March 1-4.
1. Kamui Kobayashi, Sauber, 1:22.312, 145 Laps
2. Pastor Maldonado, Williams, 1:22.561, 134 Laps
3. Paul di Resta, Force India, 1:23.119, 101 Laps
4. Jenson Button, McLaren, 1:23.200, 115 Laps
5. Felipe Masssa, Ferrari, 1:23.563, 103 Laps
6. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 1:23.774, 85 Laps
7. Jean-Eric Vergne, Toro Rosso, 1:23.792, 92 Laps
8. Nico Rosberg, Mercedes, 1:23.843, 139 Laps
9. Heikki Kovalainen, Caterham, 1:26.968, 70 Laps