Lewis Hamilton will start tomorrow's Singapore Grand Prix from pole position after beating Pastor Maldonado by over half a second. The British driver set a time of 1m46.362 as compared to Venezuelan's 1:46.804. This also means that for the first time since 1999, McLaren has been on pole for four races in a row.
Right before Q3 it appeared to be a straight fight between Vettel and Hamilton for pole, they were the fastest among the drivers on slower prime tyres in Q1 and fastest among all in Q2. Jenson Button grabbed 4th place in the 2nd McLaren ahead of championship leader Fernando Alonso.
Force India was again strong in this session with Paul di Resta setting the 7th fastest time and Nico Hulkenberg just missing out of Q3. Mark Webber was 8th fastest but he might have to start lower in case he's given a grid penalty for impending Timo Glock in Q1. Both Mercedes drivers didn't set any time in order to save tyres as they occupied 9th and 10th place ahead of Lotus' Romain Grosjean.
Kimi Raikkonen was eliminated from Q3 and will start only in 12th place ahead of Ferrari of Felipe Massa, Sauber of Kamui Kobayashi and Toro Rossos of Daniel Ricciardo and Jean Eric Vergne. Bruno Senna damaged his suspension after brushing through a corner in Q2 and couldn't continue. He'll start the race from 17th place.
Sauber of Kamui Kobyashi who started the race from front row in Belgium was only 18th fastest ahead of the backmarkers - Caterham, Marussia, and HRT. Interestingly, Petrov and Karthikeyan outperformed their teammates
01. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1m46.362
02. Pastor Maldonado Williams-Renault 1m46.804 + 0.442
03. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m46.905 + 0.543
04. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m46.939 + 0.577
05. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m47.216 + 0.854
06. Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes 1m47.241 + 0.879
07. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m47.475 + 1.113
08. Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 1m47.788 + 1.426
09. Michael Schumacher Mercedes no time
10. Nico Rosberg Mercedes no time
11. Nico Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes 1m47.975 + 1.310
12. Kimi Raikkonen Lotus-Renault 1m48.261 + 1.596
13. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m48.344 + 1.679
14. Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari 1m48.505 + 1.840
15. Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m48.774 + 2.109
16. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m48.849 + 2.184
17. Bruno Senna Williams-Renault no time
18. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1m49.933 + 2.245
19. Vitaly Petrov Caterham-Renault 1m50.846 + 3.158
20. Heikki Kovalainen Caterham-Renault 1m51.137 + 3.449
21. Timo Glock Marussia-Cosworth 1m51.370 + 3.682
22. Charles Pic Marussia-Cosworth 1m51.762 + 4.074
23. Narain Karthikeyan HRT-Cosworth 1m52.372 + 4.684
24. Pedro de la Rosa HRT-Cosworth 1m53.355 + 5.667