Lotus' Romain Grosjean topped the final day of Mugello test as he lapped his E60 in 1m21.035s. Grosjean posted the laptime in the afternoon to beat Vettel's 1m21.267s by just two tenths of a second.
Alonso was a tenth slower than Vettel of as he lapped the Mugello circuit in 1m21.363s. The Spaniard ran wide at turn 12 during the morning session and it took the team more than 2 hours to get the car back on track. He was also testing a major update to his F2012 which includes updates to exhaust and rear bodywork.
Daniel Ricciardo was fourth fastest for Toro Rosso as he completed 117 laps of the Mugello circuit. Perez and Hulkenberg were separated by just one tenth of a second as they posted the 5th and 6th fastest lap time of the day.
Maldonado was 7th fastest with a lap time of 1m22.497s, a tenth quicker than Rosberg's 1m22.579s and two tenth quicker than Turkey's 1m22.662s after being force to limit his morning run due to an electrical problem. Paul di Resta completed 34 laps during the morning session as his team completed aero and performance work after suffering from a hydraulics problem yesterday.
Kovalainen completed more laps than anyone else on track(139) as his 1m23.169s was 11th fastest time of the day. Timo Glock was three tenth slower in Marussia as he lapped his Marussia in 1m23.466s.
01.Romain Grosjean Lotus 1:21.035
02. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1:21.267 +0.232
03. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1:21.363 +0.328
04. Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso 1:21.604 +0.569
05. Sergio Perez Sauber 1:22.229 +0.879
06. Nico Hulkenberg Force India 1:22.325 +0.975
07. Pastor Maldonado Williams 1:22.497 +1.147
08. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1:22.579 +1.229
09. Oliver Turvey McLaren 1:22.662 +1.312
10. Paul di Resta Force India 1:23.002 +1.652
11. Heikki Kovalainen Caterham 1:23.169 +1.819
12. Timo Glock Marussia 1:23.466 +2.116