Romain Grosjean and Kamui Kobayashi posted identical times to lead the second day of Mugello test. It was a close and dry session with first 7 drivers separated by just one second.
Grosjean posted a lap time of 1m21.603s in the morning session and looked set to top the session until Kobayashi posted the same time in last 5 mins of the afternoon session on a set of option tyres.
Vettel was third fastest with a lap time of 1m21.825s as he beat his team mate Mark Webber who ran the RB8 in the morning session. Massa was further 3 tenths behind Webber as he set the fifth fastest time(1m22.257s).
The two Toro Rossos of Vergne and Ricciardo were separated by less than two tenths as they posted 6th and 7th fastest time of the day. Ricciardo only got a chance to driver in the last hour of the day and could only manage 22 laps of the Mugello circuit. Michael Schumacher was further 8 tenths behind as he posted a lap time of 1m23.404s for Mercedes.
Charles Pic and Timo Glock switched duties for Marussia with Pic driving in the morning and Glock driving the MR01 in the afternoon. Pic set the 9th fastest lap time of the day(1m23.982s), half a second clear of his team mate who set the 12th fastest time of the day. Petrov and Paffett were 10th and 11th fastest for Caterham and McLaren respectively. Paul di Resta's Force India ran into hydraulic problems and could only do 14th laps to set the 13th fastest time of the day ahead of William's Bruno Senna.
Massa, Schumacher, Petrov and Senna made the most of the session doing more than 100 laps of the Mugello circuit.
01. Romain Grosjean Lotus 1:21.603
02. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber 1:21.603
03. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull 1.21.825 +0.222
04. Mark Webber Red Bull 1:21.997 +0.294
05. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1:22.257 +0.654
06. Jean-Eric Vergne Toro Rosso 1:22.422 +0.819
07. Daniel Ricciardo Toro Rosso 1:22.588 +0.985
08. Michael Schumacher Mercedes 1:23.404 + 1.801s
09. Charles Pic Marussia 1:23.982 +2.379
10. Vitaly Petrov Caterham 1:24.312 +2.709
11. Gary Paffett McLaren 1:24.480 +2.877
12. Timo Glock Marussia 1:24.610 +3.007
13. Paul di Resta Force India 1:24.749 +3.146
14. Bruno Senna Williams 1:24.842 +3.239